Friday, March 8, 2013

Where did time go?

Ironically, I am sitting here drinking a cup of HOT TEA and decided I needed to blog again. Working the night shift, I usually can switch back to sleeping through the night when I am not working, but tonight I am just wide awake. So, I decided to reunite with my "Tea with Chrissy" site. I am not great with the internet world so I was pleasantly surprised when my passwords worked and I was able to find my blog page online. So, here I am!

Last time I wrote a blog, I was Chrissy "Duncan." It has been awhile! But, I still love hot tea (come over and have some and chat with me sometime) and I need to have more relaxing moments like this where I sit down and write some of my thoughts. Even if it is the middle of the night... lol.

Our Women's Ministry at church has challenged all the women to memorize scripture together this year, with accountability partners to encourage us and "quiz" us on our memorization at church or facebook or wherever! We are starting with two a month and Tessa and Jessica wrote the most beautiful applications to go along with each verse.
My index cards with all my verses sit in my kitchen window. I can't claim that I cook a lot and that is why they are in the kitchen, but I do LOVE to look out of my kitchen window into the yard everyday! Today I found myself standing in the kitchen just saying the three verses I have memorized so far out loud over and over again. I was just praying them into my life and was so encouraged by them. I want the verses to be true in my life and having them memorized is so beneficial to thinking on them throughout your daily life.

The first verse is "So, as those who have been chose by God, holy and beloved; put on a heart of compassion, kindness, gentleness, humility and patience; bearing with one another and forgiving each other. Colossians 3:12-13" I love this! It is so challenging!!! As a christian, God has called me to live a life that is compassionate, kind, gentle, humble and patient. I need to treat everyone in my life like this, from my husband, family, friends, church family, co workers, patients at the hospital and strangers but I fail everyday!! It is so hard when you are stressed, frustrated, tired, busy, overwhelmed etc but I need to be obeying Christ and treating others with the respect and kindness they deserve. This verse has definitely challenged me and I pray everyday that God will work on my heart in this area!

The second verse is "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who trusts in Him! Psalm 34:8" We all have so much to be thankful for! We have to remember this verse and promise when life is challenging us and Satan is beating us down! The Lord is GOOD and He blesses our life even when stress, frustration, battles, anger, loneliness, and hurt all turn us away from having a grateful heart.  Even in our most ungrateful and lowest moments, we can always find SOMETHING to be thankful for! I have seen very close friends go through miscarriages, cancer and divorce this past year. Heartbreaking... but "Blessed is the man who Trusts in HIM!"
I love this song we have been doing at church recently and I hope it encourages you!


There is strength within the sorrow, There is beauty in our tears
You meet us in our mourning, With a love that casts out fear
You are working in our waiting, Sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding, You’re teaching us to trust
Your plans are still to prosper, You have not forgotten us
You’re with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever, Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us
You are wisdom unimagined, Who could understand your ways
Reigning high above the heavens, Reaching down in endless grace
Youʼre the Lifter of the lowly, Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold me, Your promises are my delight
Even what the enemy means for evil
You turn it for our good, You turn it for our good and for your glory
Even in the valley You are faithful
Youʼre working for our good, Youʼre working for our good and for your glory


This song is so hard to sing when we are going through trials, but what a blessing it is to know we can trust in God who is in control of our lives and uses trials to show us His faithfulness.
Speaking of God's goodness, I encourage everyone who happens to read this blog to think on the things you are thankful for today! Spend some time counting your blessings today!

No comments:

Post a Comment