In the past month I have attended 4 showers.... needless to say....it is WEDDING SEASON!
When I got engaged in August, I didn't realise that I was about to start a huge trend! ;-) I thought I was one of few people engaged and planning a wedding...until I showed up to my nursing class the first day of Fall semester! EVERYONE was enagaged! And as the year went on, even MORE people got engaged, one being my own sister! I soon realised that I was not in this wedding planning business alone and the new fun thing to do in class was to compare engagement rings and show each other wedding plans. It definitely has been a fun time!
As I think back on my engagement period so far, I just smile. It has been a total blast! I have loved every minute of wedding planning, I have not been stressed, I have received SOOOOOO much help and encouragement and support from friends and family and I have just been so excited about planning the big day!
But I am way more excited when I think about the man God gave me and the life we have together! I could not be more thankful for David and for God placing us together so perfectly in His plan! As little girls we dream about the man we are going to marry and write lists of characteristics they have to have and what they should look like and act like etc. (at least i did! ha!) David truly meets ALL my dreams and then adds pages and pages to a list of things in a husband I didn't even know I wanted, but God just blessed me with anyway.
David is so fun and crazy and brings so much happiness to my life. I remember first meeting him at the BCM and thinking he was so "American" which to me meant LOUD, confident and hilarious! David is one of the most romantic people I have ever known. He has written me songs, made me a pillow for my birthday with messages from all my south african and american friends when I was homesick my first year here, carved a heart out of tree bark for me when he was away at a summer camp, put together a scrapbook of our relationship, cooked me dinner by candlelight, bought me roses, written me love letters and every day tells me that I am beautiful and that he loves me. :) He is my biggest supporter and has let me cry on his shoulder over nursing tests and drama with friends and general stressors anytime I'm upset. We have "bagels and bibles" time where we do devotions together and pray while eating our favorite bagels. I cannot even begin to count the times David has shown up at my door or at the library with my favorite starbucks coffee, a three musketeers bar, wheat thins or a diet mountin dew just to say hey :) He writes me notes, which I LOVE, and I constantly find little love letters in my notebooks and mailbox. He loves God will all his heart and tells me that he loves God more than He loves me, but that only makes him love me the best way possible. David is always ready to go out and do something fun, and I absolutely love our walks, hikes, shopping sprees, lazy days in Borders, Dollywood trips and finding fun restaurants! We love our TV shows ad could definitely spend a Saturday or two watching Lost seasons and Greys Anatomy. :)
I have never been complimented so much in my entire life before I met David, and some days I lose count on how many times he tells me I'm beautiful and have the most prettiest eyes in the whole world. :)
I just cannot believe that David ever took notice of me, the random South African girl, who looked at him with shock and horror as he screamed for the UT mens basketball team with no shirt on and body painted orange and asked WHY sports in America was such a big deal? ha.
We have grown so much together these past few years and I know we have an exciting future ahead of us!
I have enjoyed going to so many showers and getting so excited for my close friends and their future spouses and lives as married woman! I think about how each of us are so different and have such different plans for our lives, but we ALL are going to be some lucky (ha) guy's wife and maybe one day mommies! :)
I love how each gift we get at showers is from a special friend, and when we use it in our home we can always think of eachother and pray for eachother in this next journey of our lives!
But most of all, these showers remind me that this is for real! People are giving me kitchen pans, for me to use, in my new home, to cook for my new husband, and I AM REALLY GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!
I still can't believe that David is my groom... but I am going to thank God every day for the extra special blessing!
Sweet, sweet post, Chrissy!! So fun to get to know David through what you write - what a great guy to do so many thoughtful, romantic and loving things! Why shouldn't he when he is getting the BEST girl he could ever have for his wife!!! It's so great how God brought you together and I know you will have a VERY wonderful life serving Him!! Just keep enjoying every minute leading up to your special day!
ReplyDeletethanks aunt cindy! you are so sweet and mom always tells me on my birthday how you were RIGHT there wanting to hold me after my delivery! :)
ReplyDelete