Friday, April 8, 2011

RN, Registered Nurse, REAL NURSE!

God opened a door for me this week that I NEVER thought He would open, and I am running through it!

I don't even know where to begin!

David, my gorgeous fiance and best friend, and I have been planning on moving to Wake Forest, NC once we graduate since the summer of last year.  We have been so excited about this adventure and big move as newlyweds and even had a townhouse already picked out.  David was going to be attending seminary and I was going to start my career as a nurse in a hospital.
I started looking for jobs and talking to recruiters in December and was determined to find a job and have everything lined up by March! I over plan a lot, but with this, I wanted to make sure we would have a source of income and way to pay expenses before we picked up and moved.
David and I spent our date nights applying to every hospital we could find and emailing recruiters.  We made phone calls and thought we had tried everything possible.

To make a long story short, God closed the door. I don't know why, but obviously His plan is greater than what I had over planned for.  I have been so depressed and disappointed and confused by this and I was just so worried about making a big move without me having a job after getting a degree in nursing and feeling like my college career was a waste.

I started my senior preceptorship on the Labor and Delivery Unit at UT Medical Center on Saturday April 2nd. During April, each senior in our nursing program is placed one on one with a nurse in our area of interest to get intense trainig and learn everything we can about that field before we graduate. I fell in LOVE with the UT Labor and Delivery Unit when I started this weekend! I had such an amazing time being apart of so many births and helping in such a beautiful moment for families! To my surprise and EXCITEMENT, on Wed April 6th,  I was offered a job to join the Labor and Delivery team as a new grad nurse when I graduate! 
 Labor and Delivery is my PASSION, I loooooove it!

Now I have to brag on David. When I told him about the job offer, he prayed about it and had such an amazing willing attitude to change the initial seminary plan so that I could take this opportunity. He knew I was so extremely excited to get a job offer in my area of interest and at a place I know and love!!  He is going to do some online seminary work and extension through southeastern and start looking for a church here in Knoxville where he can serve, learn and grow for a few years before we go to seminary.

I see this as a huge change in plans for us, but I think God is teaching us that He will provide even if it doesn't happen the way we thought it would. I am excited about working in L and D, like sooooooooo much!  I am going to work so hard and love on a whole bunch of pregnant ladies and newborn babies!
David has been an amazing support, and he is going to take every opportunity he can to use this time to grow and learn in a church and gain experience! South Eastern also offers online classes and so he is going to do those in order to get credit hours in and start his seminary experience even while we are here, which is so exciting!

I am excited about our marriage and getting a cute townhouse here in Knoxville and all the amazing things God has in store.  I can't wait to buy my first pair of scrubs for a real RN job and start working!
Please pray for David and I as we start this new adventure! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is great, Chrissy. As a former type A, organizational, planner type, I can tell you that our plans rarely look like His!! But His always end up being so worth it. I bet your family is thrilled to have you all closer for a little longer, too! Congratulations on all te exciting and big happenings going on in your life!

    ReplyDelete