One of the things I loved most about growing up in South Africa was the love it created in me for tea times! Every day, no matter if it was 50 degrees or 100 degrees, the hot water would start boiling and ladies all over the country would take a second (or two) to sit down, chat with friends, relax on their own and enjoy the simple pleasure of "tea time." When I would meet up with my girlfriends it would always be for "tea or coffee" and anytime someone came to your door to visit... you started that hot water! Such a simple way to relax, spend time with your friends and enjoy company without stress.
When I first moved to America I quickly realized there was no "Tea Time" scheduled everyday and that my life needed to be busy, busy, busy and go, go, go! My tea times turned into grabbing Starbucks on the way to class and coffee to keep me awake late at night studying. I realized that people thought I was weird if I asked if they wanted to meet up for "tea" and to chat. I guess they thought I wanted to meet at McAllisters or something to grab some sweet iced tea. I remember one of my favorite South African primary school teachers coming over to our house one day when we first moved to Port Elizabeth and we asked her of she would like to try some gool ol' sweet iced tea from "AMERICA." She of course said yes! She tried it, scrunched up her face, and spat it out! ha! She said there is no other way than hot to drink tea and how in the world did we drink it WITHOUT MILK????
So I decided to title my blog "Tea with Chrissy" because I believe we all need a little time in our day to sit down, relax, and gather our thoughts. I personally need to start sitting down and blogging exciting things that happen this year so I will never forget it! This is going to be a year to remember for me!!!!!
I am graduating (I HOPE) from the UT College of Nursing in May. I am getting married to David Williams on July 2nd, 2011! He is the most handsome, sweet, kind, loving, funny, and crazy guy I know! My sister Beth-Ann is getting married on May 21st and my oldest sister Betsy is having a baby boy in July!
David and I are moving straight to Wake Forest after the honeymoon and there we will start our adventure as a married couple! :) All we know for sure right now is that he is going to SouthEastern Baptist Theological Seminay. I am praying that God provides me a job in nursing and we begin to make friends, set up our first little townhouse and love on that little community!
I am trusting in the Lord to provide all our needs and I am EXCITED to see how He uses us to serve in our marriage and future together!
That is all for now.
Wow, my first blog post! This could be fun!!! :)
I love your blog!! Although it's not at a certain time of day, tea time is VERY popular here in Barbados. My neighbors taught me how to brew a proper pot of tea and we always ended our monthly lunches that way. I am still learning about it but have several favorite teas now. I think it is great that you are going to use this blog as a way to journal your way through this VERY special year. Praying for all the wonderful events ahead!!
ReplyDeleteYou are so precious! I love this blog and I am SOOOO excited you are moving to Wake Forest...it will be so fun to hang out together as two seminary couples =) Love you so much (thinking of Malabar right now!)
ReplyDeletehmm a good cuppa rooibos with ol'marg would be simply delightful right now! what a lovely idea chrissy- this blog is so you! :) i love it!
ReplyDelete